Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2014

O for the Love of Pumpkins


I absolutely Love it when I see pumpkins.

Aren't they gorgeous?


While out walking in Old Salem a few years ago we happened upon these delightful heirloom pumpkins decorating the front steps of this nifty old place.


In September we have a 
Fun Fall Tradition
 of taking a drive up to the Virginia/NC border {about an hour away} 
for pumpkin shopping at a darling country store.



Would you look at all those amazing Cucurbita!  
{That's the botanical name for pumpkins, squash and gourds}


My daughter Emily and our friend Alex look cute and Autumnal here don't they?


I love they way they have all the produce displayed.


To get up there we take the interstate past Pilot Mountain for a scenic drive.  Then we usually Lunch on cheeseburgers & fries at the Bluebird diner in Mt. Airy, the quaint town of Andy Griffith Fame, that ole tv show.

Then it's time to decorate with our pumpkins 


How about some darling spooky Krispy Kreme Donuts?



I Love all my vintage paper mache Jack o Lanterns!



Not very many people decorate the outside of their house for Halloween. Do you?  I Love Trick or Treating and want to lure those little beggars to my house so I can give them some candy and check out their little costumes.

Can't wait to watch this classic, get a proper fix of nostalgia



Don't these pumpkin scones look delectable?  I need to give this recipe a try!

Do you have a tradition involving pumpkins?



2 comments:

  1. What a cute post! Pumpkins are so darn cute. I can't wait to buy some and start decorating! Pumpkin scones sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! You know I am crazy about pumpkins and it is time to get pumpkiny!! Do you remember when I was obsessed with scones, looking for the perfect recipe? It was quite a few years back and I haven't really made them since then.

      Delete

Thanks a Bunch for reading my blog and taking the time to write me.
I welcome your thoughts, comments, questions & encouragement. I absolutely Love reading them and will answer back swiftly. I'm new to blogging and Need some followers!
Hugs,
Michelle

"I exist as I am, that is enough" ~ Walt Whitman.