Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Highlights of my week


I've been obsessed with these adorable, white lace edge, metal plant pots from Ikea.  
I bought a bunch of them!  
At Christmas time I filled them with pretty pink or red poinsettias and tied them with red organza ribbon for festive decorations around the house and to give as gifts to friends, as well as teacher gifts.  
When your done with the plant you can fill the pot with pens & pencils, make up brushes & whatnot 
or get a new Springtime plant to fill it.  
Doesn't this pretty hyacinth look lovely and the aroma is divine!  


The Ikea planters come in all kinds of different sizes and recently they came out with a darling light pink pot and I've embedded a link so you can check them out. 
Now really, How cute is that?


Even if spring hasn't quite made it to your neck of the woods yet you can always get a little spring fever by adding a cute flowering plant to your window sill or desk.

I couldn't resist buying these charming posies.
They were only a few dollars each.  The African Violet will be blooming for months!  And even if I do manage to over water it or kill it another way, flowers that last for months for a couple of bucks is so worth it, ya know?  I'll definitely transplant the hyacinth outside into my flower garden.   


Currently...

I've been watching:
Cabin in the Woods, Super 8 & Divergent

All are ridiculously scary/thriller movies that must be accompanied by 
copious amounts of popcorn, soda and Twizzlers!!!!


I've been lamenting:



The shooting of the character,Will Gardner on The Good Wife.  
Were you as shocked as I was? 
I did not see that one coming!  All I could think of was,

"O Captain! My Captain!"

I've been reading:

I recently discovered Kate Atkinson's mysteries by reading a review in Entertainment Weekly or the Costco monthly magazine.  Her stories are based in the UK and seem to follow a few of the same characters, which I like.  I'm enjoying the stories but I must say that the writing, at times, is pretty incredible and just blows me away.  Here's an excerpt from "When Will There be Good News?" by Kate Atkinson.

The only important thing is love

When everything else has gone, love still remains. 

Often, after one of her moments of sadness, Dr. Hunter would give her head a little shake, as if she were trying to get rid of something from it, and smile and say, "And yet we are not downhearted, are we, Reggie?" 

And Reggie would say, "No, indeed we are not, Dr. H."


Is that just beautiful?  It really spoke to me.  And there are a bunch of books in the series to read!
Now, where's my cup of tea?
No better way to relax than a cup of tea and a good book!
Have a good week, readers ♥
Xo,
Michelle


2 comments:

  1. I love all your pretty springtime scenes! I can almost smell those hyacinths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah!!! Gotta Love flowers ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a Bunch for reading my blog and taking the time to write me.
I welcome your thoughts, comments, questions & encouragement. I absolutely Love reading them and will answer back swiftly. I'm new to blogging and Need some followers!
Hugs,
Michelle

"I exist as I am, that is enough" ~ Walt Whitman.